Friday, November 7, 2008

Albert Einstein

Einsteins first quote approaches religion in a very interesting way. The greatest feeling he says is experience of the unknown. He continues to connect the amazing feeling of not knowing to religion, as it being the very center. If you think about it, we choose to believe in something in order to explain the unexplainable or unknown or "mystical". If we knew everything as facts, their would be no need for beliefs which means in turn, no need for religion. I really liked Albert's last quote about how all of us are caught up in only ourselves and our immediate surroundings. So many times we have our blinders on and only can see what is set directly in front of us. I think Albert must have been one to really embrace life to the fullest. He understood that there is alot more in the world besides himself and his close friends. If everyone thought like this, I think that the world would be a completely different place.

1 comment:

Florentina said...

I think that is a pretty bold statement, "If we knew everything as facts, there would be no need for beliefs which means in turn, no need for religion." There are a lot of things we put our faith in throughout the day.
True, I know for a fact that my car is made to drive me to work, but I still have to put faith in it that it will. Also with religion, some people see their religion as very factual, and in contrast, believing that everything we learned about science is factual still needs that person to have faith in what they know.

I guess I believe that having faith and knowledge aren't that easily separated.