Friday, November 7, 2008

Novalis

I found the writings of Novalis very interesting. The concepts he was trying to communicate took me a little while to fully understand, and some I am still left pondering. One that i still am a little confused about is the quote that "we are alone with everything we love." I couldn't figure out if he meant that when we have everything we love, then we are truly alone, or that in life we exist only amongst the things that we love. The first quote about being close to waking up when we dream that we are dreaming caught my eye. I have been studying how to control my dreams because being narcoleptic, most of my dreams tend to be nightmares, so I have been trying to bring my aware mind into my dreams so that I can control their outcomes. I don't know if the quote means that one literally is dreaming that they are dreaming or that one is aware in their dream that it is only a dream and not really happening. This passage of quotes left me with many questions of the exact meaning of them. Perhaps they were vague purposefully so that one can interpret them how they please.

No comments: