Friday, October 3, 2008

Hung Pao

In the writings of Hung Pao I really liked the section about a person's true nature. A person's true nature can never be lost because it is the inner core of their being. There is no beginning and no end, no passions, no time, no space. I like the idea that one person cannot be happy until they stop searching for things to make them happy. Like the soldier and the pearl, we spend so much of our times trying to fit the guidelines of what is accepted. Just like us, he could look for it fever and never be satisfied, but the moment he realizes he already had the pearl he was at peace. I think that might be a similar feeling to nirvana or enlightenment. Once finding a place of enlightenment it is like the soldier realizing that you had the pearl on time. That is the simple point that is trying to send, we all are ready and unique and all that we have to do is acknowledge and realize that fact and we will in turn be forever happy.
Rebecca Sawyer

2 comments:

Jason File said...

Hi Becca,

You wrote, "one person cannot be happy until they stop searching for things to make them happy."

I love it. I'm putting it into my blog of favorite student comments.

alicialivesay said...

So true Rebecca! You really seems to have gotten the message in this passage. Your blog was so great to read, because you have summarized it so simply. And, I am going to remember to stop looking for happiness...I think it's already within me. I just need to listen to my inner self. I think she's peacfully happy.